In 2011, M. moved across the street from a Wild Wing. It's a popular place for watching UFC and, from what I've observed, it's the Place 2 B for men who like to smoke out on the street and talk really loudly. This particular Wild Wing also projects the UFC match/fight/competition/show on the window for the rest of the world to see without actually going into the establishment. I've often watched and listened in on the Wild Wing happenings from M.'s window, mostly thinking about the mighty wing. I've dropped hints about making an excursion over there to chow down and share a basket to which M. replied "Hmm. I dunno, Jen."
One fine day, M. texted me with "I have an idea!!!" Always leave it to M. to take it up a notch and put a new spin on an old favourite.
- One dozen wings from your favourite wing joint. Our preference is the BBQ/medium wing
- A bunch of organic celery and organic carrots
- Some soft and slutty buns, preferably sub buns or long hot dog buns
- Two servings of blue cheese dipping sauce provided by the wing joint
- Makes 2-3 wingwiches
1. Using a vegetable peeler, shave some thinly sliced carrots and celery. Cut up the rest for some healthy snacking.
2. In a bowl, strip off all of the wing meat. Set the bones aside for sucking on later. Don't worry: you can still treat yourself to the savage and Fred Flintstone-like behaviour of sucking off the meat from a tasty little bone.
3. Slather on the blue cheese dressing onto to the soft and slutty buns.
4. Pile on the wing meat onto the buns.
5. Top them off with the shaved carrots and celery.
6. EAT AND ENJOY!!
Bunny Bling Bling Tip: It helps if you live across the street from a wing joint.